Thursday 1 October 2015

Throwback Thursday - Resolutions


 Today I want to take a look back at the resolutions I set myself at the beginning of the year, I vaguely remember setting them and said something about setting more attainable resolutions for myself, so we'll see how much will power I actually have!

This post was suggested by a lovely reader of my blog and I thought it was a great idea! If you missed my resolution posts, I set myself the following goals to focus on this year;
  • Make more time for my friends and be better at communication, replying to texts etc
  • Switch off and leave work at work
  • Finish A Dance With Dragons
  • Pick up my writing again
  • Continue with my healthy eating and maintain my weight
  • Improve on my patience and tolerance levels
On to how I think I've done so far;

Making more time for friends - 
I have definitely improved in responding to messages, mostly! I can't say I'm perfect and always reply, but it's getting better. I could probably set more time aside for some friends but I love my own space too much. I do love being around people when I want to be around them, I think I need to let myself not feel guilty about enjoying my own time. 

Switch off and leave work at work - 
This is something I can agree that I have managed to do! I'm unsure if this is more to do with things being slower than usual in my place of work or other reasons, but I don't dwell on work anymore once I've left.

Finish reading A Dance With Dragons - 
If you don't know this book, it's currently the last book in the Game of Thrones series, if you haven't seen the full, hardback version of this book you'll see why it took me so long to read it, but I can tell you I finished that bad boy and I'm so glad I finished it!

 Pick up with my writing - 
It's coming along again, very slowly, but very surely. 

Healthy eating and maintaining my weight - 
I have managed to maintain my goal weight at Slimming World for over a year now, which I am very proud of! At my last weigh-in I was half a pound under my goal weight. I have been a little more lax with my healthy eating, meals are fine but snacking is still my downfall, but I have added in regular exercise to my routine which makes me hungrier but I think I am just working off the snacks I do eat!

Improve patience and tolerance - 
I am much more patient than I used to be, I have never wanted to have a temper but unfortunately had one. I work on this by taking a moment to breathe and allow myself time to walk away from a situation. My tolerance is better than it used to be, but of the two things this is definitely something that can still be improved upon!

I still have 3 months to keep going with these goals, but I think overall I'm doing quite well. Did you set yourself resolutions at the beginning of the year? How have you got on with keeping them? I'd love to know your goals and how you are progressing with them!

Toodles

x

No comments:

Post a Comment