Monday 26 October 2015

Manic Monday #86


 Time is doing that weird thing where it's disappearing too quickly that I can't seem to keep up with it. We even gained an hour but it didn't seem to stop the steam train effect.

The weekend disappeared in a blur of shopping, terrible customer service, feeling festive, having drinks for a friends birthday, cleaning furiously on Sunday, catching up with two lectures and taking my second assignment.

Aaaaaand, breathe.

You know when people say they need a holiday to get over their holiday? Well, I need a weekend to get over my weekend!

I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed myself, but I wish time wouldn't go so quickly when you are enjoying yourself.

Do you think it's just because you are having a great time and aren't concered about time? And when you are having a rubbish time you are clock watching, willing the time to pass? 

Time has always been a funny concept to me, as a kid everything seemed long and days at school seemed to go on forever, I'm sure now a 9 - 3 day at work would be a breeze! 

Journeys seemed to take forever, to me know those places are around the corner or 20 minutes away. 
I remember as a kid on Sunday's we'd go to my Nan and Grandads for tea. We'd leave around 9 and on the way home, knowing school the next morning was imminent, I would lay down in the car so I couldn't see where we were going and would try to guess where in our journey we were. 
It always used to make that trip home seem so much longer as I was always wondering how close we were to home. 

Strange, isn't it? 
The things we do to put something off or how irrelevant time feels when you're not paying it any attention.

I hope you are all well and are having a whirlwind time at the moment.

Toodles.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment