Tuesday 6 October 2015

Nuxe Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm


 I think I have found my ultimate, holy grail lip balm.
That is a big statement from me, I'm a fickle being so don't really have anything that I can say I feel is my holy grail item. 

Recent I had the most horrible dry, cracked lips for seemingly no reason at all, I upped my water intake, as dry lips can just be down to dehydration, but it didn't help at all and the dryness stubbornly remained.

I have heard so much about the Nuxe Lip Balm through the blogging and YouTube community but always in the back of my mind thought "£9.50 for a lip balm?! I don't think so..." but after researching which ingredients were the best for dry, cracked lips - Shea butter, beeswax, almond oil, honey - I found that nearly all of the recommended ingredients were actually contained in the Nuxe formula. As everything I used before didn't seem to be making the slightest bit of difference I bit the bullet and give it a try.

 I can honestly say that after using the lip balm for just a day made a huge difference to my lips - the dryness in the corners of my mouth had all but gone and they had made a huge difference to how my lips felt in the morning - they felt plump and moisturised. My upper lip was still split, it's not a miracle skin-mender, but my lips are much better then they had been in weeks.
I have since been able to wear lipstick again which I haven't been able to do for weeks on end.

It smells and tastes delicious; it has a hint of citrus - just a whiff makes me wistfully think of freshly baked lemon loaf. I'm not recommending you eat it, either, I just happened to taste a bit once when applying!

The texture is quite unusual, it's a very thick formula, definitely not one I'd put with a lip balm, it's more of a matte paste in my opinion. It applies nicely to the lips, it doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips while it's working it's miraculous magic and once it's sunk in it leave the lips feeling well nourished with a demi-matte finish to them. 


The packaging is a small glass pot, which does the job - it's a little more luxe than your usual lip balms but I suppose for the price it should be expected! I know people frequently say they don't like the pot because of germs, but honestly would you stick a grubby finger in your lip balm, apply it to your mouth and then stick the same finger back in again? I personally wouldn't, so I don't think it's a huge issue for me...

Also, no sharing. Yuck.

I am very happy that I decided to give this a try, it's a great lip balm and it really is worth every penny. They do a stick formulation now, priced at £5.50, however I couldn't find the ingredient list anywhere so I can't tell you if they've changed it or not. I may give it a try if I need to repurchase any time soon!

Have you ever tried the Nuxe Lip Balm? How do you get on with it? Do you have any other lip balms that you would recommend?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment