Monday 5 October 2015

Manic Monday #83

 
I'm sat here trying to think of a thrilling first sentence, it's obviously not going well. I needed words to start with so here we go. 

I've had quite some time today to think about a subject to chatter about in this evening's post but I'm drawing a blank for some reason - I am furiously planning and pre-writing other posts so that may be why or I just might be having one of those days where I'm not feeling particularly inspired.

I had a fun weekend, Ben and I actually got to spend the whole weekend together which is a complete novelty as he usually works every Saturday - we decided to take Kymi, my niece, to Hatton Country World, it's a place that I assume everyone should know about it because I do, like me assuming everyone knows where I live and how to get there - ha - it's a cute farm village based on the outskirts of a neighboring town, you can feed all the farm animals, goats, pigs, sheep, donkeys whoever decides to ram their faces through the fence really...you can hold guinea pigs - they literally have hundreds of the things - they hold falconry shows, talks about farm animals, have sheep races...yes, sheep races, loads of stuff for children to do and it's all set in the beautiful shire of Warwick. 

We all had a great time, yes, Ben and I are practically grown children, we enjoyed feeding the animals as much as my 10 year old niece and I never pass up the opportunity to hold something of the fluffy variety. 

  We watched the falconry show which was really informative, they showed a Harris Hawk first off, called Harry, obvs and then one of the workers was 'flying' a young Peregrine Falcon, he was only 5 months old and incredibly speedy. He managed to shatter himself out in around 5 minutes of flying as he's still building stamina and muscle mass as he's still practically a baby. Along with a family we were the only ones to stay for the Peregrine's training session so we got to chat to the trainer about him and how they train the birds they have. He told us they eat all of their prey, feathers, bones...the lot as this provides them with all of the nutrients they need to survive, which is something I never knew and he also said that 1 in 10 flights are a successful hunt and that only 1 in 10 Peregrine's will actually reach adulthood as they have a difficult little life in their first year!
He was incredibly well informed and you can tell he loves what he does, I love speaking to people full of passion that shine with joy that they're doing something they love.


















On Sunday I dragged Ben out for a walk as it was a glorious day, we went to a local park which is also a golf course, it's so lush and green I adore going for walks there. 
In Autumn it turns in to an amazing golden and red place of dreams, when it's sunny and cool during this time of the year it's one of my favourite places to be. 
We were there for just under an hour, it makes me feel very zen when I'm there and you can't hear a sound.

And it's back to reality at 6.30 on a dark, soggy Monday morning!

How did your weekend turn out? Did you have any plans made? Was your Monday a bump back to reality?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment