Tuesday 20 October 2015

Positive Mantras

[Image Source: Pinterest

 I wrote briefly about mantra's in one of my Monday posts recently, it was something that I was trying out for me as I wanted some self-improvement.

For the time that I said my daily affirmation I did feel that it altered my perspective on the point I was focusing on as I was acknowledging that trait and changing how I viewed myself acting upon it.

After a while I stopped saying a mantra but I still felt that I was still maintaining that improvement.

Recently, with one thing and the other, hormones playing a huge part, I hadn't felt very positive or happy; everything was irritating me and I had a particularly short fuse for all things work-related. 

Today I'd had enough of feeling that way, I reintroduced saying a mantra, different to the last, but still something I wanted to focus on. After saying it, out loud, to myself a few times I already felt a little more lifted.

I know mantra's can have a certain stigma to them and let's face it, if someone walks in on you as you're saying your mantra they will probably think you are barmy, but if you are feeling low or there is something about your personality that you would like to change, try coming up with a short, memorable mantra.

 Repeat it, out loud, to yourself as many times as you can or feel you want to in a day and see if it effects how you feel.

I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know if you use mantra's, do you feel they're useful for self-improvement?

My One Million Lovely Letters competition is still running, if you haven't entered yet make sure you leave me a comment on the post if you would like to win a copy!

Follow

Toodles!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment