Thursday 22 October 2015

In-Tune



[Image Source: DesignSponge]
 
Being in touch and showing your emotions can be perceived as a bad thing, especially in a world that is still dominated by the male population and any sign of emotion is seen as a weakness and a way to break someone down.

I make no secret of the fact that I am an emotional being, an emotional flower as Ben kindly refers to me as. You'll know when I'm happy, when I'm sad or down and especially if I'm excited.

I don't think this trait means that I'm weak, I actually think this gives me an edge over those who see emotion as a weakness. I am defiant in my choices, always knowing deep down the decision has already been made. That something isn't right when it may be sugar coated in a delicious glaze of icing. And overall knowing the person that I am and not giving a damn if someone thinks badly of me for a trait that I may possess.

I like to be alone, but prefer being alone with Ben. I prefer spending time with my family than with friends. Huge crowds of people overwhelm me and make me feel nervous. I like keeping busy. I cry at everything; happy sad and all in between. Sunshine fulfills my day and I love small acts of kindness when it is least expected.

Do you think you are in-tune with your emotions? Do you think you're strong or weak for that? 

Toodles. 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment