Saturday 3 October 2015

October


Dear October,

You are my last letter that I need to write, it feels good to be writing to you last, after August I think you're my next favourite. 

You tend to hold the vestiges of warmth from the sun, the leaves all turn a wonderful golden, red brown which look even more amazing against the blue sky; taking walks during days like this make me incredibly happy. 

You are Autumn through and through.

This year, my not-so-little-niece is turning 11, I honestly can't tell you where the years have disappeared to. It doesn't seem like a year ago that we were off on our family trip for her tenth birthday and I'm sure it won't feel like a year until she starts secondary school! She is at the age now where she's starting to develop in to a little sassy teen, she's incredibly clever, equally beautiful and very charming, which could be a dangerous mix as she grows up! But she does remind me of my brother and I, in how she handles herself at school, but probably with a little more sass, so I have a sneaky feeling she'll be fine. 

Halloween seems to dominate you, October, I've never been too in to Halloween as I'm not a fan of scary things or being scared, but I do love pumpkin carving! It's something that I have done since I was little and have done so for all of my life, I'm excited to create one this year. 

I feel some changes are on the horizon, I can't tell you exactly what...but I feel it in my bones. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed writing these monthly letters, October and do feel a little sad for them to finish...but pleased that I've seen it through to the end. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading my letters, do you have a series of letters? Or would you like to start one?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment