Saturday 10 October 2015

Things I Love #4; Maps

I'm not too sure what it is that draws me to them, but I am always pulled in to a map. I like to visually explore places, discovering places and locations that may go unnoticed otherwise. 
I always stop to have a look at a globe if I spot one in a shop or at someones house, I just can't help myself. 

If I travel anywhere in the UK I generally find my way with map and road numbers rather than relying on a sat-nav. I always scope out a new place on Google Maps or with a map book, familiarising the landscape before arriving.

Antique maps are my favourites, the discoloration, the wrinkles, the small tears, the dog ears. How the world used to be and seeing how things have changed.

I'll pop some of my favourite finds below!







Which is your favourite?

So, so, so gutted I missed this post yesterday - it was supposed to be a quick one but I hadn't scheduled it or located the images I wanted so thought I would just post twice today to make up for it! 

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment