Thursday 8 October 2015

S-Health


Samsung have added a health app to their phones - I'm unsure how new it is as I have my faithful Note II for well over 2 years - since getting the S5 I discovered S-Health.

A sneaky suspicion makes me think the S stands for Samsung...I don't know what it is...but you know I think I'm just a genius. (Obviously, the most sarcastic sentence ever written)

I'm actually finding this addition to my phone quite useful, it has an inbuilt pedometer to the S5 which you can have a widget, I'm unsure how precise it is as there was no syncing involved at all and I know that when I've been pottering about my office it hasn't registered them as I haven't moved more than 10 steps for example.

It sets daily step targets, as standard it is set at 6000 steps a day which you can change if you prefer - but I think 6000 steps is a feasible target to try and hit; it's around 5 km a day.
Once you hit your target a notification pings in and you are awarded a badge for your hard work, obviously it helps with the smugness factor that you've hit a target as well.
There is a section where you can keep note of sleeping patterns, giving you times to aim to go to sleep, which recommended time to wake up and to note if there are any factor which may interrupt sleep i.e caffeine intake.
You can keep note of your stress levels, you create a profile first, then put your finger on the sensor which measures your stress levels and you then select 'feeling' you can keep track of your levels to see if there are any trends if you are particularly stressed. 


There are loads of tips and tricks involved in the app, such as 10 snacks under 100 calories, does waist size matter, what to do if you suffer with back pain at work and so on and so forth. You can add on to the main sub-apps that are already there such as food intake, nutrition advice, you can even integrate it with the Nike Running app if you have it! I'm sure it is much more in depth than I have even used it for, but I enjoy using the bits that I have done.


I find it really user friendly, it is not complicated in the slightest and each section is kept really simple and to the point of what it's use is, no sections really overlap with one another which I think is great so you don't have to use any bits that you're really not interested in!

I'm really hoping some or most of you have a Samsung phone, if not this is probably a bit of a useless post...! But seeing as they have overtaken Apple in the phone selling game, likelihood is that at least one of you has one!

I hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know if you did and if you'd like me to review more apps in future.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment