Sunday 28 February 2016

Action and Reaction


[Image Source: Pinterest]

Yesterday my friends and I were discussing regret and the question was asked; "Would you change anything in your life so far?" 

All of said that we wouldn't change anything that we'd done so far in our lives.
My reasoning was that I believe the choices I have made and will make in my future have and always will be, for a reason.
There are some situations in my life where I would have like to have changed how I got in to that situation but I don't think I'd like to chance the what happened. 
In my teens I made some silly choices, as I'm sure we all do, which did lead me to some parts of my life that I'd rather forget.

However much I do feel like that about those moments, inevitably all of my experiences have shaped me to the be the person that I am today.
I think, personally, the same applies to everyone. 

I'm uncertain if I'd put it down to 'fate' because I'm not sure if I fully believe in the idea. 
I do put it down to every action causing a reaction.
It may not be as opposite and linear as the scientific theory that was written, sometimes the reaction caused might be a on a completely different level  and might skew courses depending on other elements of other actions.

During our discussion a friend said that he thought none of us had any regrets because he thinks we generally make good, well-thought out decisions in our lives.
I'm not too sure that I fully agree with what he said, as I know I've made some stupid decisions in my life but I completely honor those decisions I made and think that those decisions will be reflected somewhere in my life as the reaction. 

Conversations like this make me feel a little nostalgic and do make me think through some of those memories I'd rather not. 

Would I be the same without those experiences?

Who will ever know.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment