Sunday 21 February 2016

Bourjois 123 CC Cream







The Bourjois base does it again. 


Bourjois seem to have the answer to great, affordable bases and the 123 Perfect CC Cream is no exception. As it's a CC cream its supposed to counteract redness, fatigue and general discolouring of the skin. Bourjois aren't selling it from the view point of being a foundation and are targeting it at every day usage.


The cream is lightweight, with a nice watery fluidity and glides on to the skin relatively seamlessly; sometimes it does have a habit of sitting on the surface of the skin and moving around while trying to blend, I tend to put this down to me not allowing enough time for my serum sink in to my skin before applying.
Personally I find a damp Miracle Complexion sponge blends it really well or I start applying with my fingers and finish off with an Expert Face Brush to get the airbrush finish.  


The application provides a light to medium finish and does provide noticeable reduction in redness and fatigue. It gives a healthy, glowing complexion when applied and after a few hours is when this cream seems to have worked in with the oils and created a lovely veil over the skin.





It contains SPF 15 which is great for me, it's always something I forget and love it when it's mixed in with a cream or foundation that I'm using so I'm technically not forgetting to put any on at all!


The colour range fully lets the side down and have a very limited colour range, even for Bourjois. This particular base comes in 4 shades, yes, four.
Bourjois need to step up their game in colour ranges and not just release 4-8 colour ranges that are all very close in range.
I'm using Ivory and the moment which is the lightest CC shade. Even Ivory is slightly too dark for me with very yellow undertones; which does surprise me as yellowish tones don't normally feature in Ivory tones across the high street. I can just about get away with it through blending! If you're a couple of shades darker than me this would be a perfect fit for you.


For £9.99 I would recommend giving this CC cream a try, if you can find a shade to suit, obviously...I am really enjoying using it and wear it during the week at work for a quick, flawless base.


Have you tried any Bourjois bases? Which is your favourite?


Toodles.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment