Tuesday 23 February 2016

Revisiting Old Favourites - L'Oreal



It has probably been well documented on my blog that I am partial to a bit of L'Oreal - I purchased a few old faves recently and remembered why I fell in love with them.

Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen
This is a product that when I initially bought it, I instantly fell in love with it and when it ran out I was always lusting after it. I'm not too sure why I didn't just repurchase it, but absence makes the heart grow fonder and I am hooked once again. It has the air of Touche Eclat as more of a highlighting pen rather than a concealer, it adds a subtle luminosity to the high points of the face when applied and does wonders for brightening under the eye. 
The longevity is great, it seems to last all day on me and never starts looking dry or cakey, I'm sure this will be down to the light, watery texture of the product.
The colour range is virtually non-existent and would only suit lighter toned skins, which is a shame and the only down point in my opinion.
The packaging is up there with the more luxe packaging on the high street and only makes me love it that bit more, you can't go wrong with a bit of rose gold. 


L'Ombre Pure Mono Shadow in Breaking Nude
I wrote a full review of this specific shade here, so I won't bore you with all of the specifics again.
My last one fell apart, as did this one when I got it home, but I managed to smush it all back together as it's so creamy in texture and it has held up so far. 
*fingers crossed*
That is an unfortunate side to this eyeshadow, the texture makes it so susceptible to crumbling apart to no fault of your own.
But I keep going back for every positive reason mentioned in my review!  


Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush
I'm sorry, I'm going to be sneaky and put this one in here as well even though it's not actually for sale in the UK. 
Which is one of the biggest beauty travesties going. Sort it out, L'Oreal. 
I bought this particular beauty when I was in Toronto, Canada last year, I'd heard so many bloggers and YouTubers raving about it that it was the first thing I purchased when I was there (after petrol, but you know...priorities...
The colour is just lovely, it's a shimmering pot of rose gold goodness which works well all year around and I wear regularly for both day and evening looks.
I just can't get enough and I still haven't even really made a dent on the amount of product in the pot.
These shadows, sadly, seem to be on the verge of a very slow discontinuation. The range seems to decrease in size every time I visit a Boots or Superdrug. 
My first purchase of these shadows was the silver one, which surprisingly, I didn't wear an awful lot!

I hope you enjoyed my raving about L'Oreal products! Do you have a favourite L'Oreal product or do you prefer another high street brand?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment