Thursday 4 February 2016

Jasmine & Osmanthus Hot Cloth Cleanser

 
The iconic Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser with a mix of Jasmine and Osmanthus.

I've tried the original Cleanse and Polish, repurchasing it regularly but with the enormous selection of skin care around I dabbled in other things, however I managed to bag a bargain in the Christmas sales at a Liz Earle counter, a box for £22 which included full of a huge limited edition Jasmine and Osmanthus Cleanse and Polish.

I've been using it over the past week or so and I have to say it's one of those products that I didn't realise I missed until I used it again. 

The limited edition version is scented, only a very slight floral note from the jasmine but I personally wouldn't recommend for incredibly sensitive skin, I have some dry patches at the moment and it did seem to sting these areas slightly which made me think it would probably irritate overly sensitive skin; I'd stick to the original if you already use it! 



Everything else from the well loved cleanser remains the same, the texture, the application and it just gets the job done. It will remove every trace of make up, including those stubborn waterproof mascaras that set like cement on your lashes. 
Give it a few swipes with a muslin cloth and you are left with clean, soft, fresh looking skin. 

There isn't much about on the internet about the skin benefits of Osmanthus and to be perfectly honest, I hadn't heard of it before which prompted the aforementioned research. But I did manage to find an informative post here by The Snow Fairy, which gives general information on Osmanthus. 

Jasmine has a variety of great benefits for skin care, such as it being a natural antiseptic and preservative, it has anti-aging benefits, it can help reduce the appearance of scars, so perfect if you suffer or have suffered with acne, it has moisturising benefits and many more!

have you tried the hot cloth cleanser? Have you managed to get your hands on any of the limited edition versions? Did you prefer them or the original?
I'd love to know!

Toodles


x

No comments:

Post a Comment