Tuesday 2 February 2016

Baby Steps - Mortgage

[Image Source: Pinterest]

Ben and I have taken the first baby step towards applying for a mortgage. It all went well and things seem a little clearer. As clear as bank jargon things can go, of course.

Out of the two of us, I have always been the more apprehensive one. I arsed around with savings and was dreading the point where I finally invested in a home. I put it down to itchy feet and the thought in my mind that I don't always want to live in England. I was in the mind set that once you purchased a property, you were in for the long haul. 

However in recent months, I have come full circle and reminded myself that we can always sell and move somewhere else if we like. I had a stern word with myself and thought of it from an investment point of view, the money made in property is phenomenal. Looking at it now, from a more logical mind set, it would be silly to not own a property of our own while we have the means to and are in a good position.

It is a huge decision, I definitely didn't come to the conclusion I mentioned above overnight and it is something I have been considering for a long time. 

Now we've made the first step and have applied for a D.I.P we can start looking at properties seriously. I don't think this is going to be easy by any estimation, but the perfect place will come to us when it does.
This is the fun part, for me. I have a secret penchant for houses, interiors, furniture and all things in between. The interior design nerd within me is desperate to come out and plan some projects to finally make a house our home.

Pinterest is my BFF at present. 

Toodles

x

No comments:

Post a Comment