Sunday 31 August 2014

In-Flight Rescue Kit


Our holiday is creeping up on us quicker than I can fathom, in 2 weeks (tomorrow) we shall be flying high on a long haul flight to Miami, after a short lay-over we then carry on to San José, Costa Rica. 

I have been unusually organised for this trip and have already put together my carry on items so I can remain feeling fresh and fancy-free on the plane.


Firstly - The bag.
I found this cute little see-through make-up bag in H&M, priced at £1.99, it came home with me without question. It's the perfect size for the essentials on a long-haul flight. As it rightly says this little wonder would be perfect for festivals, holidays, parties and a very organised first date!


On to the contents...

Hand Sanitiser - I have chosen to take a hand gel and some wipes. Sometimes rubbing a gel in to hands that have stuff on them doesn't quite cut it. The gel was £1.00 - I'm not fussy on my hand gels, but if you like something nice smelling I recommend the Soap & Glory Hand Made. The Halo wipes were just over £1.00 both can be found at Boots

Skin Care - I recently bought a Marie Claire magazine that had an Aromatherapy Associates Rose skin care tester kit, I've been saving it for the trip as it's perfect travel size. It contained a cleanser, moisturiser and face mask. The face mask is clear so I won't look like a loon when I use it mid-flight. I also bought a Balance Me eye cream that I got in a Birchbox to keep my eyes feeling fresh. For lip moitsure I bought a mini Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips, it is truly magical.


Make Up - I don't like wearing a full face of make-up on a long haul flight, my skin is already dry and a flight/make-up mix do not work. I have, however, bought a few things along so I can touch up to make myself a little presentable, if I feel like it. I have the PoreFessional mini by Benefit, Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black and a Baby Lips Electro in Strike A Rose to add a pop of colour and moisture. I can also double this up as a blush. All can also be found at Boots

Extras - Always need a handy hair tie and a few grips if things get a bit scary!

That is everything I'll be taking with me, it's all small but will help keep me comfortable and refreshed on my flights.

What do you take away with you on long-haul flights? Am I missing anything imperative? 

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment