Wednesday 27 August 2014

Mistakes

 
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know I said I was going to be a shining beacon of positivity, but today - oh, today, was just one of those days. It was one thing after another today and a mountain of things that needed to get sorted.


I won't bore you with the details, that will definitely put you off reading.

I have been thinking about this subject for a while - making mistakes. I think today was a perfect example of how I deal with making mistakes and how I witness other people creating issues through how they deal with their mistakes.

First and foremost - everyone will make mistakes in life. 

Small of large, it is an inevitable part of life, but I think it is how you deal with your mistakes that can take it from something that is controllable and easily fixed to something that can manifest and become a hundred times worse.

I have never had any qualms in holding my hands up and admitting when I have made a mistake. No matter what situation this may be in, life, friends, work, family, relationships.

I may not like admitting it...I mean who does? 

But I do it, because then I can actually move on and figure out my next move. I can, if needs be, go elsewhere and ask for advise by explaining my situation. 

I, personally, believe that this makes you grow as a person and learn to eventually admit your mistakes without being abashed by it.

Currently, I seem to be surrounded by people who cannot or will not admit when they make mistakes. Whether this is purely down to the fact that they don't want to lose face, which I understand to a degree, but when they are fighting right down to the last possible excuse, it starts to become quite transparent.

It doesn't help that, from my past experiences, people that have similar traits mentioned above, tend to be the people that make more mistakes than the average, then try to fix the mistakes and potentially make it worse than it ever needed to be in the first place.

It would be great if people could swallow their pride in certain situations and take responsibility for their msitakes.

But then, you know, if everybody was as perfect and modest as myself, the world would be a pretty boring place!

Any way, I wanted to just hash this out on a post...

Do you find it hard to admit when you've made a mistake? If so, why do you think it is?

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment