Friday 8 August 2014

Random Acts of Kindness

I have a story, you might want a tea...


I had to go to the Post Office today when I was at work, I'll set the scene for you -

It was hot, sweaty, stuffy and the line was long. I eventually got one person away from the front, after half an hour of waiting...

Then it was like everything just went wrong
, so we stood there for another 20 minutes, waiting for this woman to try and sort out her US Dollars for her impending trip, the other cashier was on the phone to the DVLA repeating the same question over and over and over to the less than intelligent person on the other end of the phone. I mean even I understood that the man in question had changed his address, but his name was the same...Imagine!

Said lady from above, with her US dollars, was confusing poor cashier lady with her questions, if she rounded it up to £1000 English pounds, would she get a better rate in US dollars, but no, no...cashier lady didn't understand this question. Then another corker from Dollars, "I bet you're going to tell me that it's going to be extra to round it up to an exact amount of US Dollars", yet more confusion followed.

Anyway, we got there in the end and cashier lady told US Dollar lady she would need 48p to round it up to whatever amount of US Dollars, but no...Dollars didn't have 48p to round things up, she managed to find 0.15p in her purse, (can I add by this point, that me not being the most patient person, was a little frustrated...) then! Oooooooh then, the man between me and Dollars started looking through his wallet...

Have a second for yourself -

He passed Dollars 50p to round everything up for her, needless to say, my heart burst out of it's frozen, impatient cage and man between Dollars and I restored all of my faith in humanity.

It was so lovely, it made me just stop for a second and appreciate what he had done for her and inspired me to have a goal of giving a Random Act of Kindness to a complete stranger the next chance I get.

I thought it was so sweet of that man to do that, I'm not sure if he wasn't just as fed up as me and just wanted her to hurry up, but still...

Random Act of Kindness man made me feel all smushy for the rest of the day.

Have a nice weekend :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment