Monday 1 September 2014

Manic Monday #28

 
Not wanting to brag or anything, but in 2 weeks I will just about be landing in Miami, FL and awaiting my next flight to San Jose, Costa Rica.

I cannot wait, I feel like absolute drivel at the moment, so I'm desperately clinging on to the fact that I'm going soon.

Monday passed in a haze of crazy.

Today saw a colleague of mine be forcefully resigned, it was quite a shock that it came down to that being the outcome.
It isn't information that I am privy to, but to 'resign' rather abruptly makes me think that whatever happened was quite severe.

I don't want to get high and mighty or all pious up in here, but wanted to touch upon the fact that more often than not, your demons will come out of the darkness to haunt you when you least expect it.

I won't pretend that every working day, from the moment I walk through the door, to the very moment I leave that I am consistently working. One; it is not healthy and two...it's not really feasible to not let yourself have a break, else you'd probably have a meltdown, or become a massive knob. But I do work hard, I think I have that 'work hard and you shall be rewarded' ethic drilled deep within my bones. 

I definitely try not to scrimp where I know full well that the details matter, I know in my heart of hearts that it would come back to bite me in the ass one day. I also know I would give myself an incredibly hard time just knowing myself that I didn't give it my full attention.

I don't think in any of my work places that I have been employed when others have been regretfully dismissed, it's quite sad to think for, reasons unbeknown to me, that the person in question doesn't have a job any more and it is a small reminder to keep putting in the effort that I do. 

Sometimes it is thankless and people don't appreciate the amount of work that you do, but I think I would rather that than know I didn't give the job my all.

What do you think? Is it fair to forcefully offer a resignation offer to someone who 'deserved' it? Or would you like to give them the benefit of the doubt?

A bit of a strange one today, I am sorry!

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment