Monday 4 August 2014

Manic Monday #24


I have only this second sat down to write this, so have absolutely no idea what I'm writing.
Que another lets-write-what-comes-in-to-my-head-post! Hooray!

Usually, this wouldn't phase me, but as I've had a whirlwind weekend and a crazy, busy day today I haven't really had much time to reflect or think about a subject that may be interesting to write about.

...thinks for about 15
minutes...


As I think I may have mentioned in the recent past, I attend Slimming World. I think it's a great plan as it promotes a healthy lifestyle change, rather than enforcing diet-style-restrictive rules.

But recently, my weight has plateaued and I have been around 2 / 3 / 4 lbs away from reaching my target since January. I think with each passing week, I have become less and less motivated and have felt myself slipping back in to old habits.

I really want to shake myself out of this feeling and get back in to the lifestyle, but I have been finding the temptation of syns a bit too tempting lately. Also with the realisation that I am still only young and that I do occasionally want to enjoy myself and not constantly have to watch what I eat.

I do not, by any means at all, want to undo all the work that I have put in over the past year and a half and for the most part, I do generally stick to my new lifestyle, enjoying it as I go. 
 However I think that I need to drill in to my mind that with my body shape, metabolism, whatever it is, that I just put on weight very easily and I will, unfortunately, forever will have to moderate the food I eat.

In the grand scheme of life and the world, this is all very small to a lot of people, huge to many others and to me it is an important factor.

And I think I need to remember more regularly why it is important to me.

I think I am going to write a list, personally, for myself for me to look at and keep my motivated when I feel the way I do at the moment.

Do you have any motivational tips? How do you treat yourself without going overboard?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment