Thursday 3 July 2014

Saying Goodbye


In the past few months I've had to say goodbye to a few special people.

This weekend we had a going away party for some friends that were flying back to Sweden on Monday, they have been living here for 6 months
and it has been amazing having them here and spending time with them after knowing them for years through the wonderful world of the internet.

This weekend I will be saying goodbye to one of my best friends, he is going to live in a different country. Permanently. 

I have been procrastinating about writing this because I don't really want to accept that it is happening. I am happy for him, obviously, but that little selfish part of my brain really doesn't want him to not just be around a few corners from me any more.

It's making me feel sad to know that he's going, but it seems like an inevitable part of growing up that people close to you are going to leave. However if they are meant to remain in your life, one way or another they will.

Sigh.

I don't want to write much because I'm finding it difficult to make coherent sentences. *sob*

x

No comments:

Post a Comment