Wednesday 23 July 2014

Good Reads



I forgot it was Wednesday and very nearly forgot to write this post.
This week has disappeared in a haze of searing, sweaty hotness. Sexy, right? 

This is yet another unplanned post, but they seem to be doing OK lately,
so we'll go with it. I have hideous writers/ideas block, hopefully it'll pass soon and I can actually pre-plan things.

I've got back in to my reading a lot lately, I ploughed through The Fault In Our Stars within about 2 days and it made going back to this book so much easier. 

 
I wasn't really enjoying it to begin with, I found it quite slow to start up. But I should have known to persevere as it seems to be a tradition with me and Trudi Canavan's previous books.

I am of course, referring to her new book Thief's Magic, it's a fantasy book like Trudi's other works, Queen Trudi of fantasy land.

I am around half way through and things are definitely getting in to the swing of things, Trudi definitely doesn't put things on a plate when she writes, she keeps you guessing what the main plot of the story is for a while and builds things up slowly, really getting you in tune with the characters that she creates.

Trudi Canavan is probably one of my favourite writers, her first trilogy The Black Magician trilogy is probably one of my all time favourites and I have read and re-read many times!

If you're a lover of fantasy books, like I am and you haven't read Trudi Canavan's work, (firstly...where have you been?!) I can't praise her work highly enough. I love her writing and her style. 

She's simply fantastic. 

What books are you enjoying at the moment?

I'm hoping that I am on a reading streak and can finally finish A Dance with Dragons, I will defeat you one day Martin!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment