Monday 2 March 2015

Manic Monday #55

[Image Source: Pinterest]

Happy Monday! Currently, I would like to remove my tonsils from my body and never have to deal with them again. But enough about me and my self pity! I hope you all had wonderful and productive starts to your week. 

I read an article earlier which got me thinking about blog content a little deeper than I necessarily have been since I started. I generally like to ad-lib my posts, finding that my favourite posts to write are ones that come to me as I am writing them and find pre-planning posts quite difficult. You may have recently read in this post that I was chuffed at being planned up until the middle of March and if you are a regular around here...you know this hasn't been the case the last couple of weeks and I have missed my regular posting days! Naughty blogger! 

But I was musing earlier on the following; What is it that makes the content that you read interesting to you as a reader? Do you like the blog that you read to have personality emanating through its words? Is it clear-cut, no-muss, no-fuss reviews? Do you have to be interested in the subject matter? Is the content generally similar to your own? Does it have to be well written? How about the layout and feel of the blog?

I know that I like a fresh, clean and minimalistic blog to look at. I am indifferent about long or short posts, I generally only have the attention-span for a long post if I am genuinely interested in the subject matter. I think I have a varied interest in subject ranges, but know that home ware, typography design, literature and beauty are my absolute favourites. I do also like to dabble a little in thought-provoking posts and opinion led content. 

I like to think that my blog reflects the above, I do have a varied subject content, I am trying to clear up my blog a little on the design side to make it clean and fresh looking - difficult without any creative software at present! All I know is that I enjoy doing it and having something productive to do in my spare time! 

I am definitely an advocate for a The Devil Makes Work for Idle Hands and I am trying to keep myself busy in the evenings, blogging is a great outlet for me as I have always loved writing, both creatively and in diary-type formats.

What are your thoughts on the above? Do you have specific likes and dislikes for the points I mentioned? Or are there other elements of a blog that you find appealing?

Toodles!
 Adele Chelsea
 x

No comments:

Post a Comment