Sunday 15 March 2015

Interaction


Social media is a wonderful thing, as is technology but sometimes I wish people would think back to when we didn't have mobile phones that are now even more powerful than some PC's.

Having dinner with my family today was a social event, yet several of my family members spent most of the time with their noses in their phones. 

At the table next to us a family shoved an iPod in front of their 3 year old to keep her 'entertained'.

New habits like this breaks my heart a bit, when I was a kid iPods/pads/phones weren't invented, myself and my cousins would entertain each other and play outside using our imagination to come up with the oddest games that nobody else would get.  

It's such a shame that people think they have to utilise their iPad for the entertainment of their child.

Interact, take notice, talk, listen, laugh and enjoy each others company. 

Not once did I feel the need to reach for my phone, check my Twitter or Instagram feeds...I enjoy seeing my family and catching up with them, we don't always get to see each other that regularly.

For a few hours, forget your phones, your feeds and ask how someones day is. You might learn something you might never have known if you didn't ask.

Toodles.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment