Wednesday 4 March 2015

Favourite Drugstore Matte Eyeshadow?!


I know, I know, drugstore, amazing and matte don't usually hang with the same crowds. Drugstore or affordable make-up isn't exactly renown for it's matte formulas, but...but,but,but I think I have found...dare I say, the one.

Yet again, surprise, surprise - L'Oreal have knocked it out of the park for me, personally, with this beauty - Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Mono Matte in 106 Breaking Nude.


I currently own 4 of these lovelies, but this particular one is one that I pretty much use on a daily basis. Whether it's in the crease or a swash of colour over the lid on particularly lazy days. 

The texture of this is very soft and you can pick up a hell of a lot of shadow whether using a finger or brush to apply. Application is great, it blends seamlessly with other mattes, shimmers or cream bases. I have been wearing this a lot with Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, the two go amazingly well together.

The fall out on this is also very minimal and it does stick around all day, which is great. I'm not one for reapplying make-up throughout the day even if it has pretty much disappeared besides my stubborn mascara.  

It is a very ashy-toned brown, which is a great fit for a huge range of skin-tones, particularly my cool-toned skin. This tone also makes this a great colour for using as a contour, it is very similar in tone to the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder, but it definitely isn't as ashy as that one!

At £5.49 per shadow I would definitely recommend at least trying this particular shade, I would like to think you won't be too disappointed! 

Have you tried any of the L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Mono's before? How do you think the other finishes compare?

Toodles.
Adele Chelsea
 x

No comments:

Post a Comment