Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil



I picked this up a few weeks ago on a spontaneous trip in to The Body Shop, I was out of my previous cleanser and wanted to try an oil for the colder months, I find it adds so much more hydration to the skin than using a regular cleansing milk or lotion. I decided on the Camomile Cleansing Oil.

The oil itself has a really heavy feel to it, it's not too light as I find sometimes cleansing oils feel a bit 'watered-down' and it feels effortless to
glide this over the skin at the end of the day. 

I massage it in all over using circular motions with my index and ring finger, this is great around the eye-area too, it's not harsh and doesn't make my eyes sting at all. I like to leave i for a few minutes on my lashes so it can really breakdown my mascara as I always wear waterproof. *Coughcriercough*


Once warm water is added to the mix it instantly emulsifies on the skin and you can clearly see it breaking down the make-up, I remove the oil with a warm, damp muslin cloth and it really removes all make-up in one go...even the mascara.

Afterward, it leaves my skin feeling silky and soft. My skin has been so, so clear since I started using it, I think this is my magical formula. Even in the morning my skin feels nice and plumped and is ready for the day. 

The only thing I am not overly keen on is the smell, I'm not too keen on the camomile scent, but I can suck it up for all of the above if I'm honest! It's not so overpowering that it hangs around once the oil has been removed. 

The packaging is really cute and makes me think of Spring, I'm a fan of the overhaul of product re-branding that The Body Shop has gone through, it looks a lot more chic than it used to.


Have you tried it? Or are you particularly liking any other cleansing oils? 

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment