Saturday 3 January 2015

January

[Image Source: Pinterest
 
January, you always seem to bring with you a clean slate, optimism and a quiet excitement for the possibilities of new adventure and opportunities that may come this way.

For me, of course.

Others seem to have more a pessimistic view of you, January, more time to pass, more time for things to go wrong, more time for them to wallow in their own martyrdom...

I like the idea of starting fresh, to brush the old year from your system, whether good or bad. I like having things to look forward to, to aim for in the near or short future, I'm not too fussy, January.

However, don't get me too wrong, I'm not a huge lover of resolutions, I have a hideously competitive spirit with myself, a need to prove myself to me and have previously burned only myself by setting unobtainable goals in the past and inevitably setting myself up to fail.

I sit somewhere in the middle between the people who set resolutions and religiously strive to achieve every single one and the people who like to wallow in the past, present and future. 

I feel I lean a little more toward the resolution go-getters though, January. 

I hope you treat us well.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment