Sunday 25 January 2015

Life Long Friends...


Yesterday as I was spending time with my closest friends, I took a moment to marvel at the people who are still around. I was merely surprised at the ones who have been in my life, consistently for well over 8 years now.

If you'd asked me when I first met my group of friends, "who will you still be friends with in 5+ years?" Honestly, I don't think many of them would have instantly sprung to mind.
The people who have left my life and who I don't see often at all are the people I would have banked on being life long friends with. 

But I guess that it's funny how things turn out with friends, the people who are no longer around are no longer around for a range of reasons and I'm not necessarily sad about that any more.

We all change and grow, adapting to the changes of one another, appreciating what the other becomes. We have all been through so much together and yet, we are still are all here.

The ones who are still here now and can still make me laugh, I'm sure will be here for many years to come.

They do make me happy. And I think that speaks volumes.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment