Wednesday 24 December 2014

Topshop Velvet Lips - Velveteen Ribbon

I heard about this elusive lip product last year but every Topshop I visited had sold out...I was gutted as I really wanted to try it!


Topshop pulled it out of the bag again this year with their Autumn Winter collection and I managed to get my hands on one! There were limited supplies left in my local Topshop when I did actually manage to find it.

The Velvet Lips in Velveteen Ribbon is a wonderful deep red with blue undertone, I find those reds suit my skin tone the most so it's a great colour for me.

The texture is slightly too powdery for my preference and I can feel it sitting on my lips, but I have now found a little routine that makes it more comfortable for me to wear.


I like to start by priming my lips with a lip balm, while applying my base and eye make-up, so it has time to sink in, once the product has nearly disappeared I line my lips with Topshop's lip pencil is Deception, it is a berry, wine colour...completely wrong for a red this but it does the job! Then I apply two coats of the Velvet Lips on, which does fully conceal the colour of Deception, I let the first coat dry fully and then reapply.

This stuff lasts and it is a mother to remove!

It's a great addition to my ever growing collection of lip products. If you want to get your hands on one, I'd recommend not waiting as it'll be gone before you know it!

I'm thinking of rocking this lip on New Years Eve with a messy, undone smokey eye.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, enjoy yourselves!

Toodles!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment