Friday 5 December 2014

December


You've arrived all too quickly, December. 

I wasn't quite prepared for your imminent and rather rude, if you ask me, arrival. I was enjoying October and November, but you muscled your way in and we're well and truly on our way with each other. 

I'm getting used to you now.
You're here.

I do love what you bring along with you in this month, and no I don't mean the cold, you could keep that to yourself if you wish. I don't appreciate the cold and would much rather feel the heat of the sun on my skin rather than the cold pinch of a frost on my nose. Of course, I mean Christmas.

I love Christmas.

But this year, December, I wasn't prepared for you! I've been waylaid by work life, story of my life at the moment, I missed your arrival and to be honest, haven't felt slightly festive until today. 

I don't think I'll have enough time to pull off the magical Christmas that I usually envision, but I will try. I'm looking forward to putting up the decorations this weekend and spending some quality time with friends.

I am determined to not let this time of year pass me by in a blur, I will have to stop one day...

Even if to enjoy you for a few days. Please don't try to fly by too quickly.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment