Wednesday 10 December 2014

Letters to Friends #3


Dear Friend,

I'm glad you're happy. I'm pleased that you seem to have finally found some contentment in your life.

You have so very easily in the past had the tendency to wallow in self-pity and focus on the negative, it's quite refreshing to notice this side of you. 

 There are flashes of the other side of you. But that's the whole package and you know, in all honesty, I wouldn't want that to change. Sometimes it's nice to just embrace my inner cynic when I'm with you.

We've always wound in and out of each others lives since we first met and I am perfectly fine with that. I just think that, for us, it works. 

Personally to me it seems we don't need to be one another's crutch through life, we don't really depend on each other, but know that at the end of it all, we would always be there for the other.

It bugs me that people just don't seem to get our relationship and how, yes, we sometimes can go without seeing each other for some time, or even speaking. But they don't get to see on our regular reunions that things haven't changed between us in that time.

I think sometimes we both just need some growing time away from one another, we're both independent people. 

Honestly I don't think that either of us rely on anyone through life and just battle on with what we're given. 

Sometimes I don't think I give you the credit you may deserve, I think you're stronger than you know.

Anyway, I'm sure that we'll forever stay this way.

I like it.

We're good to each other.

Toodles.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment