Wednesday 22 October 2014

Mini Mascaras...Mini Reviews!



I seem to have accumulated a lot of mascara testers lately, from gift sets, beauty boxes, magazines and the like. 

I've had a good test of all of them and thought it'd be good to give them all a mini review if any of you were thinking of purchasing the ones I have tried and test.

They are all high-end or on the expensive end of high street beauty, so definitely worth an opinion if you're looking to splash out a little more on mascara!

Price - £19.50
To begin with I wasn't a fan of this mascara and it soon fell to the way-side of my make-up bag. I came across it again one day, decided to give it another shot and after a bit of wiggling and tousling, I was swayed and have been using this one quite consistently since! I do have long lashes already and this really helps to accentuate the length of lashes, however it is most definitely not a volume booster. I like the wand on this mascara as it is quite slender and I find it really helps me get right to the root of my lashes with no casualties.
Score - 7/10

Price - £19.50
On first use I was a bit intimidated by the wand, it reminded me very strongly of a flail and I was quite worried about putting it close to my eyes. I definitely found the ball-shaped end more of a hindrance than a help, on many occasions I have poked myself in the eye with it. The formula is more of a wetter one to begin with, however I definitely found it improved with time the drier it got, I found the mascara much easier to work with after a month or so and found that only after that time I could really get the finish that I want from a mascara. 
Definitely a grower not a shower!
Score - 6/10

Price - £21.00
The first thing that I comes to mind when I use this mascara is how 'wet' it feels on application and for a good five minutes or so after using it. I feel like the formula is very slick for a mascara. That aside, it gives quite good volume and accentuates length, but nothing that was ground-breaking or jaw-dropping. I was quite floored when I saw how much a full-size was to be perfectly honest! In my opinion, I don't think it is worth the price. But if you can get your hands a mini, it'd be worth a try.
Score - 5/10

Price - £17.50
You know the old saying - 'Save the best for last'. Well, I have. I love this mascara, it's great. Quite simply! It adds volume, it add lengths, the wand is really easy to work with, the formula is lovely. It's really great to layer if you're going on a night out or it is great for an every-day-volume-boost-sweep-and-go sorta deal. This is the cheapest of the lost and definitely packs the biggest punch. I was instantly impressed with this mascara and I haven't ever had to struggle to apply or spend ages unclumping my lashes because it just does not happen. By far my favourite and one I definitely wouldn't question purchasing full size!
Score - 9.5/10

I hope you enjoyed this! Please let me know if you like my reviews. I'd love some feedback from my readers :)

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment