Thursday 16 October 2014

Letters to Friends - #1

 
Dear Friend,

I hope that you are well and are enjoying your life in new lands.

From the instant we met, we hit it off and have always got along. We seem to be on a wavelength with one another that seems to be a thing I struggle with with the majority of people I come across.You are probably the only person that hasn't ever caused me any annoyance...even though I did to you, just that one time...I'm sure you would remember it. I felt guilty for ages afterwards.

With most 'sayings' in life, there is some meaning behind them. In this case, 'you don't know what you have until it's gone.' But I want to edit it slightly and say that I didn't full appreciate your friendship until you were no longer just around the corner. 

In life, we lull ourselves in to a false sense of security that this won't happen or that day will never come, but more often than not that day will arrive and we see a big change. Life moves on with no regard for how we're doing or how we're handling ourselves in situations. 

I am pleased that you seem to be having a blast and are pleased with the decision you made to make the move. I'm so proud to see you improving your life after leaving everything behind to take this fantastic opportunity.

In some ways I'm slightly jealous, it has always been a dream of mine to up sticks and move elsewhere, maybe that is written in my future, who knows! I'll have to ride the waves and see what opportunities come my way.

Then my selfish side wishes that you had never gone and that you were still around, just a five minute drive away, if I ever needed a chat, a catch-up or just to see you.

It has hit me suddenly and heavily how much I miss you. And how much I took our friendship for granted. During my life, I haven't come across people like all that much...but I'm glad you appeared and for our friendship, even if you are living your life elsewhere. It'll just take a bit more maintenance for now on.

I will make sure to appreciate your home visits.

It's all OK, there will always be Friends...

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment