Monday 6 October 2014

Manic Monday #33

Band You Should Know: Lydia

It is definitely and finally starting to be 'manic' again. That is a welcome fact.

Today disappeared in a breeze, it feels nice to get a decent stride going, I even decided to go for a run in the beautiful setting sun when I got home. I need to get back in to the swing of things exercise-wise.

I, finally, after what seems like forever, hit my personal weight target at Slimming World on Thursday. Needless to say I am absolutely delighted with myself.
I was not expecting to step on the scales after 2 weeks of being away and drop 3.5 lbs! I was so astonished that I don't think I came across as being genuinely pleased to the lady weighing me...! It all came out in the car though, if anyone saw me, they must have thought I was nuts.

Tomorrow I am getting the chance to see one of my bucket-list bands. I have loved Lydia, mostly dearly, since I was around 17. An ex put me on to them, they are, without a shadow of doubt, the most delightful thing he left in my life. I love them with a sacred passion. Their songs are so full of emotion and they have some of the most beautifully written songs that it a travesty that more people have not heard of them.

Lydia have a special place in my heart and they probably always will do. Their songs evoke so many memories when I listen to them, they're always a delight to go back to. 

This is their first time touring in the UK, shockingly so, still as a support band, but I bought the tickets no questions asked for a band that I am not even a fan of just so I get the chance to see them. Who knows if I'd get another one!

I'm sorry for rambling, but my love for Lydia runs rather deeply...if you hadn't already guessed!

I feel so lucky to get to be able to see them, I honestly never thought I would get to. I am going tomorrow, with camera in hand, boyfriend in tow and am going to soak up the evening with sheer happiness.

How was the start to your week? Do you have something that you're looking forward in the next few days?

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment