Friday 3 April 2015

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Mask


The full title is The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, I thought it may be a little long for the title!

Firstly, I love the packaging for this product, the box is all kinds of lovely, it has deep green leaves over it and an all over green feel to the whole range. It makes me think fresh, clean, invigorating, hydrating products. I love a bit of green.

The jar is a little impractical for travel, as it is made of glass and is pretty huge, but for what it contains...I really don't see much by way as an alternative except for going all over plastic. It comes with a little scoop for the product inside, which is a life saver, you'll see what I mean when you first try the mask.


On to the product itself, it's a dense, jelly, that is true to it's wordy name and is also very bouncy. The first time I used it, it instantly made me think of Flubber. It's incredibly malleable and incredibly fun to play around with.

The scent is very fresh, almost with a citrus note too it, it slightly reminds me of freshly washed clothes.

Once scooped out with aforementioned handy scoop, the product starts to melt slightly from the heat of your skin, I personally like to melt it for a few seconds between my fingertips before applying to my face. 

On application, the mask feels incredibly wet in texture and also very cooling to the skin, considering the initial texture of this product, it really sinks in to the skin very well, which to me detracts slightly away from the 'mask' element. I like to massage is gently all over, really working it in to the skin.

I'm not usually one to notice how my skin feels in the morning after trying a new night cream or product, but I do have to say that this makes my skin feel so soft and plump in the morning that I don't feel I have to do my usual morning routine (disclaimer, I actually do still do it...but ya'know getting my point across!)


Another great aspect is a little goes an incredibly long way, I use around half a scoops worth of product which is more than enough for my face and neck!

Side note - be careful how you store it, if the product gets in to the rim of the jar and the lid goes on top it's very difficult to open again as it seems to create a vacuum seal!

I hope you enjoyed this review! Have you tried any of the Drops of Youth range? Is there anything else you would recommend trying? 

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment