Wednesday 8 April 2015

Feeling Naked on the Run?!




I am always drawn in to Urban Decays branding and products. They were my first real make-up love when they had a teeny tiny stand in my local Boots. Smog has forever been my shade, my eyes pop and look oh-so green when I use it.

I recently walked in to my local Debenhams with a sureness that I would be leaving with one and I did just that.

Naked on the Run is a great release from Urban Decay, personally I think it's quite unique and considering what it houses it's an absolute bargain. It has all of the essentials you could need for a relatively compact palette, minus your bases.

It didn't take long for me to get stuck in, first opting for the two matte shades, Fix and Dare, these are very similar to Naked and Buck from the original Naked palette, but I felt these two shades were much more pigmented. The shadows are incredibly easy to work with and the blending is impeccable.


It was my first try with their Naked lip gloss and Glide-On Eye Pencil, the gloss is a great neutral and adds a slight tint to the lips, it had good longevity for a gloss product. Now the eyeliner...now this is a love at first sight sort of product, it does exactly what it says on the tin and glides on, no pulling and once it has set, definitely no budging.

Another first was Perversion, I spoke about it briefly in my Recent Make-Up Loves post, I held off on using it for a while because I have a million mascaras on the moment and for the fact that I hadn't heard anything remotely good about it through the blogging grapevine. But I do completely understand why, it is painted as something that it just isn't, it doesn't add intense volume, nor does it make them look particularly darker but it sure does make my lashes long incredibly long, separated and fluttery. That is really what I look for in a mascara as I don't really like my lashes to look like spider legs on an every day basis, but I am love, love, loving Perversion for an every day mascara!


The bronzer is slightly too dark for my skin tone and does come across slightly muddy if I apply with any other brush than my RT Duo-Fiber and the blush is a simply lovely pink colour; great for a fresh wash of colour over the cheeks for a Spring/Summer look!

When you tot up the amount of Urban Decay goodies you get in this wonderful little box, the price staggers me a little that is why I absolutely think the £37 price tag makes this particular release an absolute steal. 

I really hope UD keep on this one-box-does-all theme and release more lovelies such as the Naked on the Run. I am thoroughly enjoying using mine and will be at the front of the queue if they do decide to release any other similar products. 

Have you tried the Naked on the Run palette? What are your thoughts? Do you have any particular looks you like to create with the shades given?

Toodles!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment