Monday 6 April 2015

Manic Monday #60

Knowing when to walk away is WISDOM. Being able to is COURAGE. Walking away, with your head held high is DIGNITY. #wisewords

Happy Easter! I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. We've all been working hard this weekend and things are quickly settling down, I am hoping that my schedule will return to normal this week, however I am currently writing from my parents house again as I am now house sitting! 

Recently I have been thinking about how some people just do what they think is right for themselves, without feeling abashed or feeling like they have let people down. My brothers girlfriend is the prime example of this, she recently left a job and started a new one, a week after starting the new one she quit because she knew it just wasn't the right fit for her as it was making her ill. 

I was discussing it with my mum and we both said the same thing; if we were in her shoes we don't think we could have done it as we'd always be thinking we'd let people down or wasted the new employers time.

This attriubte is something that I really admire in people, knowing when to just turn around and say "You know what, this isn't right for me." and move on. Some people might be let down or feel disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

As long as you feel happy with your decisions and know you are doing something that will inevitably make you happier you just go right ahead and do that. 

At present I am unsure if a recent decision I have made is right for me, I'm not going to be rash and make my mind up quickly, because I want to try and make this thing work. However if in the end it still doesn't feel right I can undo what has been done.

Do you think it matters what people think of your decisions, regardless of whether they are affected or not? If this is something you also struggle with, how do you deal with it?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment