Saturday 4 January 2014

Topshop Lip Liner

This is my first venture in to Topshop makeup. I've heard a lot of good things about it and have been meaning to try some out for a long time. 

Of all the lovely selection, I, of course, went for a lip pencil...

As you do.

But, boy am I glad that I did!

I've never really been a lip pencil kinda gal, myself, but as it was £5 and I thought the colour looked particularly sumptuous and wintery, I thought 'why not?'

 The packaging to the Topshop makeup is definitely right up my street, it's distressed, it looks unfinished, it looks handmade and hand drawn, which is something I love in the design world and love it when it is translated really well in to packaging.

I decided on Deception, there were a few colours in the collection, for some reason the website only lists two colours, but there was definitely more in the store that I was in. This one I chose instantly jumped out to me, it's a beautiful deep red with burgundy undertones, perfect for the winter months.




The texture of this is really nice, it's very soft and pliable, it reminds me of a kohl eyeliner, which makes it really easy to blend and apply. I bought this with the intention of wearing it all over my lips as a matte lip colour and the texture of the pencil definitely helps achieve a flawless finish.

It is long lasting when applied all over the lips, I wore it on New Years Eve, after applying it, blotting it, blending it, reapplying, rinse-repeat until I had the desired effect it lasted a very long time. I'm sure the way I applied it had something to do with it as I layered it quite a lot, but I think it says something when a £5 lip liner can last you a night as a lipstick. 


 The colour can be really built up by layering, on NYE I went quite dramatic and built it up to a vampy red colour. I've also worn it in the day, I just lined the outer edges of my lips and blended it inwards and went for a subtle ombre look.

I think this is quite a lengthy review about a lip pencil...but I really like it, it's been in my handbag ever since I bought it and I've barely used anything else since. 

Peruse the Topshop range, see if there's something you like and try it out! It seems really worth the money. I will certainly be buying more products from them in the near future...(by near future I mean tomorrow.)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment