Monday 27 January 2014

A bit of a Boots haul! (Oops!)


I ventured in to Boots on Saturday and broke my spending record. I thought I'd treat myself as I'd been in to a few shops but hadn't seen anything else I wanted and I had a few products on my wish list, it was the first pay day of the year so I decided to scratch that itch.

Here we
go - 

First a stop at the Soap & Glory make-up counter, I've heard so much about the Kick Ass Concealer I had to give it a try. I went for 'Light', which is pretty much a perfect match for my skin tone and then...ohhhh, then, there was a 3 for 2 on Soap & Glory make-up...

 


Somehow the Lid Stuff quad in 'What's Nude' and Cheekmate cheek and lip stain in 'Rosy Glow' fell in to my basket, I'm not sure how that happened, but they managed to come home with me!




I moved on up the aisle to L'Oreal, they have been absolutely knocking it out of the park with their ranges in the past year or so. I'm L'Oreal-ing all over, I really like their ranges in skincare, haircare and makeup! They also had an offer on makeup, oh, the shame...

I decided to try the Lumi Magique concealer in 'Light' (later realising I came away with 2 concealers from my trip...again, oops...) but I tend to sway more towards brightening concealers as I have really dark circles under my eyes all the time and one of the GlamShine Stain Splash in 'Milady'!

 

Makeup brushes were next on my list, I have been wanting to buy the Real Techniques Blush Brush for a while now, so while I was on a roll I whipped that off the shelf too.

I decided to then move swiftly away from the makeup counters, as there were offers on pretty much all of the makeup ranges in Boots and Revlon was staring at me with it's sultry eyes vicariously through Emma Stone and Olivia Wilde.

Then on to skincare, I was only there for about 5 minutes and I managed to come away with Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask, two moisturisers from Garnier's new Moisture Match range and Boot's Time Delay Radiance Booster serum!

With more damage done I ventured to hair care and made a beeline for my favourite hair dye which is Schwarzkopf's Color Mask in Warm Mahogany, my roots are pretty diabolical at this point. I love this hair dye as it is the only one I can use where I don't up in a complete mess, looking like a child has thrown paint at my face.

I made a pit stop for some toothpaste, then a little rehydration and swiftly made for the counter where my Advantage Card smiled with pleasure and my bank card cried in the corner a little!

I am now inundated with new products to try out so expect a bounty of reviews from me in the near future! I am vigorously putting all my products to the test as we speak! If there is anything specifically you would like to see a review on, please let me know!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment