Sunday 12 January 2014

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

...phew, long title!

I have recently rekindled my love with The Body Shop, the boyfriend bought me a lovely Strawberry Gift Set for Christmas which sparked my interest in the shop again. I used to be obsessed with their products when I was a teen, however constantly being followed around the shop by the shop assistants like I was a criminal eventually put me off going in there.

Now, I am a older, I don't look like a thief, hurrah, the shop assistants now smile and chit chat, it is safe to venture back in to the waters and peruse to my hearts content!

 Anyway, Adele, on with the blog -



I was on the market for a new hand cream, I wanted something more
sturdy as it's winter, I generally always forget my gloves, so more often than not my hands are exposed to the elements. I'm not getting any younger and well moisturised hands now will mean they are well prepared for years come!

I spotted this on the shelf along with a couple of other formulas and I couldn't decide which to go with, it was Christmas sale week and on the shelf I spotted a gift bag of goodies for £20 which included the 100ml Hemp Hand Protector.

The standalone price of the product is £10, so it was a no-brainer, the goody gift bag was meant to be mine! I'm really pleased that I bought it, it had some other lovely products in that might feature on this blog.




The Hemp Hand Protector as a product is lovely, it is a sturdy hand cream, it really gets in and moisturises the skin really well. It sinks in super fast and leaves my skin feeling lovely and nourished. The texture reminds me more of a balm than a cream, it is ever so slightly sticky but as it disappears so quickly I don't consider it to be a negative of the product.

I prefer to use this in my night time routine as it does the job and does it well, it has a delicate earthy fragrance to it that I find strangely calming which is a perfect aid to my calming night routine to get me ready for a night of good ol' slumber.

You need a tiny amount of the product to cover your hands - disclaimer, I do have tiny hands, but I'm sure it's not that, I'm sure this tube will last a long time making it really worth its price tag. 

I love the packaging, it's reminiscent of old apothecary tubes, it has a real ethereal vibe which ties in nicely with the earthy fragrance and ingredients. 



I highly recommend this product to anyone out there who suffers with dry skin in the winter time or anyone in the market for a new hand cream.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment