Thursday 2 January 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

This foundation is beauitful. 

Simple as that really.

I absolute adore it, it has the perfect amount of coverage for my personal preference, it is a light coverage, (I still like to look human when I have make-up on) but it covers all the things you'd wish to hide! One pump of foundation and I'm good to go.
I use the shade No 51 - Light Vanilla, this is a near perfect match to my skin tone, it's probably one of, if not the best suited to my skin out of the many foundations I have used before.

It is quite a yellowish tone, which is the perfect counter for the redness that I have always had throughout my life. (It has in the past been the bane of my life, but that's a different story for a different day!)

It has a silky soft texture, it's really light almost water-like, but even softer. It glides on to the skin beautifully, blending in to the skin perfectly with either your fingers or a foundation brush. I think I may prefer to use my fingers to apply this foundation as I feel like I can flawless finish and distribute it evenly over my skin.

 (*No idea what is wrong with this image, it does not look grainy on my PC...) I wish you could feel how soft the texture is from this picture, one day maybe!

It's practically weightless on the skin, I still feel like my skin can breathe throughout the day, which I love while wearing a foundation. I can't think of anything worse with a foundation than a cakey, claggy foundation blocking up your pores.

I do have to say, this is perfect for my skin type, which is normal to dry, however I don't think this would be a good foundation for people with oily skin as it is so silky that it moves around the corners (I am unsure if this is the worse I'm looking for!) of my nose, which is where I am ever so slightly oily, I do powder over those parts so it doesn't move during the day.

The smell is another big plus of this, it's beautifully scented, it smells creamy, slightly vanilla and nutty all at the same time. It smells like some amazing pudding that I would love to eat, it's just a shame that it's a foundation...

This is a truly wonderful product, I'm sure we'll have a long and lovely relationship.

One thing with Bourjois and their foundations is they don't have a broad colour range, which is something that they could work on. If your skin tone happens to fall under their range it would be well worth your time to try out this foundation.

Try it for yourself and see!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment