Tuesday 21 January 2014

Take The Day Off by Clinique


So, I've been deliberating whether or not to review this, as I said in my introduction I wanted to base my blog around affordable beauty, skincare, haircare products from the high street.


I think Clinique as a brand are right on the cusp
of what I am trying to achieve with the beauty-side blog. The products are pricey, there are no two ways about it, but I feel that some of their products are worth spending that little more on.

 I shall review this product anyway and you can decide whether or not you think it's worth the money. 

Feedback would be welcome as to whether or not you think I should feature Clinique products in my blog.

 Anyway, sorry for that wordy 'disclaimer', I wanted to let everyone know where I was coming from in writing a review of this particular product. 

Take the day off is a cleansing balm that melts in to oil as you massage it in to your face, as it melts it also works the makeup off your skin.

As with all Clinique products it is a scentless product and designed around  and for people who suffer with sensitive skin. 

This cleansing balm is perfect for the end of the day cleanse to take off all of your stubborn make-up from the day, it literally does just melt it all off your face. 


Once you look like a beautiful little panda you can either wash it off or take it off gently with a muslin cloth or dampened cotton wool. 

I tend to wash it off if my skin has felt particularly dry throughout the day or if I really want to cleanse everything off my skin I'll use a muslin cloth to remove the day off my skin.

Considering it melts in to an oil it doesn't make my skin feel greasy and it doesn't make my clogs feel like they are full of the product. It makes my skin feel re-hydrated, really soft and thoroughly cleansed.


Coming in at £21, you can see why I deliberated putting it on my blog, however I was lucky enough that my lovely brother bought this for me for Christmas. I have been using it every day since then and I have barely scratched the surface of the product in the pot, so I believe that this product is completely worth the money as I will be using this cleanser for a fair few months to come!

If you're looking for a cleanser that will thoroughly cleanse your skin and remove all of your stubborn makeup I highly recommend splurging on this product! It will last, also if you compare the longevity of it compared to the price of your usual cleanser, I'm guessing it will come out to be quite a similar price. (I really hope that made sense to everyone!)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment