Saturday 18 January 2014

Photography by Elena Shumilova


Today I stumbled across the beautiful works of Elena Shumilova, a mother of two from Russia, who runs her own farm.

She takes stunning photos of her two sons and
their family pets around their farm on a daily basis. Elena uses natural lighting and weather to enhance the beauty of her photographs; whether it be rain, shine, fog or snow. The elements really add something incredible to her images and she uses them in such a lovely way.






These images are simply amazing, they are some of the best that I have seen in a while and I instantly fell in love with them. The one at the top is my absolute favourite from her collection, I love the way that the light is captured in the rain drops as her son is walking out on the boardwalk.There is a real ethereal. calm feeling to her images that captures the pure innocence of her children as they explore their surroundings and learn new things. 


I'm sure that Elena will treasure these images of her family for the rest of her life and I hope she will feel incredibly proud that she was able to produce these images herself. I know I certainly would do if I were her.

 

Find out more about Elena Shumilova here and take a look at her Flickr. She is a truly talented photographer and I plan on keeping a keen eye out for her future works.

 

I absolutely adore her work! I am extremely green eye'd about her talent and would love to spend some time wandering around her farm, it looks exceptionally beautiful, seems to have incredibly diverse landscapes and looks breathtaking in every season.

 

What do you think about these photographs? Do you have a photographer that you love?

Let me know in the comments below and also let me know if this sort of content is something you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment