Monday 30 May 2016

Manic Monday #115

 
 
Today is another bank holiday; lucky me!

Ben and I have had a relaxed day enjoying one anothers company, we have an empty house at the moment so am thoroughly enjoying the solitude at the moment.

I so appreciate my parents having us to stay prior to our move, but coming from a pretty big house with loads of room to living once again in one room can be quite stifiling sometimes.

We finally have a move in date, exactly 3 months tomorrow! 
We have hit a little road block in our mortgage shenanigans, we need to get a tree surgeon to check a tree in our back garden to ensure that it hasn't caused any damage the property or poses any potential threat to cause damage in future.

It is an expense that we have to cover, but if we were to proceed without it, we would unlikely be covered by our buildings insurance if something were to arise from it.
I'd much rather be safe than sorry in this instance!

I have been mulling over the idea of producing some sort of 'user-friendly' guide to housing buying. I'm not going to lie, it's bloody complicated and I'm not great with financial jargen but was thinking it may be a handy life-lesson to be able to access?!

It's not something that's readily available, the people we have worked along side have all been fantastic and really supportive, it may help a tonne that Ben works in the financial industry so I thought why not help if I'm able to?

It's one of the biggest and most daunting decisions to make in your life, a little guidence could most deifinitely put you at ease.

What are your thoughts? Have you gone through the purchasing process? How was your experience?

Toodles.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment