Wednesday 18 May 2016

Perseverence


[Quote Ref: Regina Brett]

Perseverence is something that I lack in my interests and hobbies.

I do tend to flake out on things over time and if I suddenly hit a wall with what I'm doing I may stop doing that particular thing or give it less of my attention.

I was watching some travel vlogs of a few people travelling in Peru with Contiki and Alli inspired me to pick up with Spanish again. 

I hadn't done it for some time and struggled on the first lesson, I'll admit that halfway through the lesson I closed the session after getting around five answers wrong.

I stopped myself when I navigated my way back to YouTube and internally told myself off.
'So you're just going to give up as soon as it gets hard? How will you ever learn a language that way? Learning something new will always be difficult, try again and take your time.'

Learning a language isn't easy, I'll be the first person to admit it. The reason that I first wanted to learn Spanish is because a young girl in Costa Rica flawed me with her near-perfect translation from Spanish to English in around 5 seconds when asking me a question and she realised I was English. 
The fire in my belly hasn't gone out but my perseverence has waned slightly. 

427 million people speak Spanish all over the world and I would love to be able to one day communicate with a Spanish speaker in Spanish.

Just because I'm getting some of the questions wrong doesn't mean to say I'm failing. 
If I keep pushing and one day it'll sink in. 

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment