Tuesday 3 May 2016

Mind Over Matter


[Image Source: AGentleWoman]

You can read as many motivating posts that can fill the Bible, be inspired by the people around you or be fueled on by someone elses personal journey.
But all that stands between you and the thing you want to accomplish is your mind. 

The mind is the most powerful tool to us and yet it is also that pesky little thing that might get in the way of us accomplishing our goal.

It won't matter if you stop and walk for a minute...ohh, no, one more slice of cake won't hurt...I'm feeling tired now, we should probably just stop and take a breather.

I suffer with the classic case of letting my mind tell me when I've gone too far at the gym or that I couldn't possibly run another step and I just give up.
 I'm relating this to exercise and well being in this post because this is generally where I let my mind get the better of me, but it can, of course, apply in any part of your life.
Sometimes I think your mind needs to be given the V's or a big f' you, because you and your body can do it. It might take time to build up to your goal and that's perfectly OK, but don't let that small voice in the back of your mind tell you that you can't go any further, because you know what?

You can and will.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment