Wednesday 4 May 2016

Making Time


[Image Source: TurnStyleVogue]

I feel like I'm morphing in to some sort of wanna be life guru with the posts that I've written so fart this week, but honestly I just wanted to clarify that with my 'life' posts that it is just how I personally feel about the world and how I handle or wish I would handle my every day life.

I'm not trying to preach.
Promise.

I was watching a Ben Brown vlog the other day and he mentioned about getting outside after working for the majority of the day and that he makes time to get out and about as he feels it adds well being in to his life. 

I can honestly say that I feel the same about getting outside during the day, rarely does a day go passed where I don't actually leave the house. 
I get cabin fever very easily. 
I've never been one to be in the house all day doing bits and bobs and I'm definitely not a 'home bird'. 
I like to explore, I like to breathe fresh air and I like to experience different things while I'm doing those things.

I work, primarily, in an office so I do make the effort to get outside on my lunch by either going for a walk, going in to town to do some window shopping or even just to sit on a bench outside for a bit to get away from the fluorescent lighting and glare of my screen. 

My primary point is that even though life is busy and you can just let time slip by with doing one thing and another, I think it is important to take some time for yourself to soak up the outdoors. 
It's like soul food, for me at least. 
I despise being ill, especially bed-bound, I find it so frustrating to not be able to make that time to go somewhere or do something with my time. 

Be kind to yourself, let yourself have that five minutes to breath and enjoy doing something for you.

Are you a home bird? Or do you prefer exploring?

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment