Monday 23 May 2016

Manic Monday #114


Evening, lovely people!
You'll be pleased to know that my bad case of the grumps was left in Sunday and I feel a huge amount happier today.

Today I wanted to talk about "power", or at least, the idea of power in the social heirarchy. 

I work somewhere that deals with an unsual type or "power", I'm putting that specific power in to quotations as I'm unsure how much power these people actually have and if they do have much to change things dramatically. 
From what I can see they don't have an inordinate amount of power, they may have some more levels of influence, much more so than I do, but power...I'm not too sure.

However, the sheer arrogance and rudeness of some of these people absolutely astounds me.
Today one of these people very rudely interrupted two people in a meeting, a booked meeting no less. It was interrupted because they felt that they have this "power" which entitles them to plonk themself between two people in a meeting, ask to interrupt but then proceed to interrupt anyway, this person felt that what they have to say, on a dropped-in visit of their own convenience is far superior and outweighs the meeting of the other two people who had arranged a time between the two of them.

This person then proceeded to berate a colleague of mine, demanding to know why she thought it was OK to so this, that and the other, of which she has no power in decision making. 

No matter my position, whether an intern or director of a business I would never deem the above an appropriate way to handle something. It's downright rude and I'm sure if this person were on the receiving end of such behaviour they wouldn't hesitate to complain or tell the other person they were being rude for interrupting.

Why do people think they have this right and power that far outweighs everyone else in the world?

I'm definitely not lumping them all in to the same group, as some of them that I have worked with have been nothing more than plesant, but there are a few exceptions to the rule who have this outrageous, exaggerated sense of importance which has deluded them so far in to believing they are better than others. 

Some people need a bit of a reality check.

Being kind and patient will get you much further along in life than blustering around thinking you're all and a cup of tea when you're really not.

What are your thoughts? Are you good at dealing with difficult situations and/or difficult people?

 Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment