Wednesday 11 June 2014

Max Loving

I am absolutely in love with Max Factor at the moment.

I have mentioned my love for their Masterpiece  Waterproof Mascara, however I haven't really dabbled in much else, apart from the occasional thing here and there.

Recently my Boots has had a revamp and Max Factor has it's own concession stand, I was having a good look at their stuff and picked up a few things. You can see my recent Boots haul here!

 http://www.getthegloss.com/media/image/get-the-gloss-maxfactor-cc-cream.jpg

Firstly I wanted to try one of their new Colour Corrector pencils,
I decided to try the yellow/white one for under eye circles, as it is the bane of my life with the hours I work! The texture is surprisingly soft, it goes on really easily, so no tugging of the gentle eye area, and it blends really well. I generally use my Real Techniques Setting Brush to buff it in to my skin, it disappears quickly, cancelling out the darkness beneath the eyes like a dream! I put it on under foundation and on a good day, can leave it at that, but if I feel I need a bit of brightening I use a light reflective concealer, which goes on really well over the top. New instant love right here! I can't recommend it enough. 


Next was a complete impulse buy, I was looking at the Wild Shadow Pots and a brown colour called Feral Brown (love the name!) caught my eye, shockingly enough, it has beautiful red, copper undertones to it, which look great with my green eyes, it really makes them pop. It has some flecks of glitter and shimmer in the formulation, which work well with the colouring. It is very pigmented and one sweep of the lid gives great coverage, I like to smoke it out at the edges to give my eyes a more feline shape to them. It blends incredibly well and also builds really well with layering, it lasts for ages, it's a great all dayer for me! (Things don't usually make it throughout the day on my face!)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0170/6364/products/max-factor-4-raisin-colour-elixir-lipstick-400x400-imadpnvf64dsxhvc_medium.jpeg?v=1397050212

Lastly I picked up a Colour Elixir Lipstick in 894 Raisin, it's a lovely purple colour with a pinky undertone to it, which again works well with my green eyes and is a perfect 'your lips but better' for me with it's pink undertone. I find this is great every day lipstick, but I would definitely wear it on a night out with a dramatic smokey eye as the colour isn't too intense that I'd look like a clown! The formulation is really creamy, I feel it's really hydrating on my lips, which keeps them moistruised when it's on. It glides on well, giving great coverage. I'm looking forward to trying more shades out of this range!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Asd5xlgFL._SX300_.jpg


I have had this one for a while, but I can't get enough of it, the Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 14 Soft Pink, its the perfect summery blush to add to the apples of your cheeks to give you that sun-kissed flush to your face. It's very buildable, so you can go for a more subtle every day look or build it up for a pop of pink on your cheek.

 I'm going to stock up with more products shortly! Their stuff is affordable and it is great quality for what you pay for!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment