Sunday 13 March 2016

Short Break; Chateau Impney

 
 
        
This Valentines day, I was trawling through Groupon looking for a bargain getaway deal to treat Ben and myself with. I scrolled past Chateau Impney and was sucked in by the gorgeous building, after some scrolling I managed to find the deal again. 

We spent two very delightful days at Chateau Impney located in Droitwich Spa, it's a beautiful 19th Century house, a Chateau-inspired build with amazing bright red brick that you can spot for miles around.

It was great to get away for a couple of days and we got the chance to visit Sudeley Castle which is found close by in Winchcombe in the Cotswold's. 
We wondered around for the day on the same stomping ground as Henry VIII and Katherine Parr, learning so much as we did.
 Ben and I haven't ever done small, weekend getaways before but I will definitely be scrolling through Groupon more frequently now!




If you get the chance to visit Chateau Impney, I would highly recommend it; the building, both exterior and interior are lovely, the grounds are luscious green, you are swallowed up by surrounding hills and valleys and the staff based at the Chateau are lovely.


Have you bagged a bargain recently? What has been your best find?

Toodles

x

No comments:

Post a Comment