Monday 21 March 2016

Manic Monday #106


[Image Source: Stylist]

We are due to move out of our first rented house in just over a week, I can't quite believe it's been a year since we all moved in. It's been such a great experience, sharing with friends as well as partner for your first rented property can be a little trying at times but overall I've really loved living here and will miss this house!

I'm currently trying to sift through all of my possessions that I've bought with me with the hope of slimming down the amount of stuff I've got. In some areas I'm being quite brutal, such as my ridiculous stock of make-up and body butters but in other areas I haven't got the heart to get rid of things; the books.
I've still got that image in the back of my mind of my future library. 

With my recent penchant for sifting I've managed to whittle down my wardrobe quite considerably, which had then left me questioning my personal style and to be perfectly honest, if I have any style at all

I'm not looking to throw myself a pity party, but I really struggle to put an outfit together. I never know what to piece together to make myself look 'outfit ready'. I'm definitely not a trend follower and would rather streamline my wardrobe with more classic pieces.
I know I like simplicity and comfort, but I struggle to take that step to feeling pleased with what I'm wearing. 

I may take the capsule wardrobe route and slowly recondition my entire style self, maybe this will help me feel a little more comfortable in my clothes. 
I'm definitely an impulse buyer with clothing but never think about how what I'm buying will fit in with what I already have. 

Have you ever attempted a capsule wardrobe? Do you have any tips or any recommendations?

Toodles

x

No comments:

Post a Comment